Saturday 22 October 2011

My first styling! YAY !!!


Last night I went to my first ever styling event and, what a night! It was so much fun!


I'd been saying for a while that I was gonna go and do one, and then yesterday I found out I need to attend the 5pm SLT styling of 'Sexy Playmate' for my midterms at UCWS. And so there the panic began! Over the next 6 hours, inbetween UCWS classes and formation practices I set about the task of getting an outfit, sorting my huddles and trying to write a good outfit description. And I thought staying up till three in the morning (GMT) because I'd missed the earlier classes was me being dedicated lol!

When 5PM came I wasn't quite as prepared  or as organized as I would of liked but after reassurance from Debbie, one of my UCWS trainers, in the end I just had to go with the flow and it turned out to be such a great night. I was so nervous as they called out the order of the models:

Ms Imogen Panacek
Ms Asterianna Shoreland
Ms Marya Bloch
Ms Katrinova Resident
Ms Lilmama Artis
Ms Latouri Blackheart

When they called my name out first I have to admit that I did not want to go lol, but I took a deep breath, put on a smile and stepped out onto the runway. I was worried about making a mistake, but my training took over and I pulled it off. It was such a relief when I could just stand at the last dot and pose, then I could really enjoy the show, and what a show it was!

Modeling Lovecats Secret

The creativity of the outfits from my fellow contestants were great, although I have to admit there were some I would not of done because I don't think I'm daring enough lol!
Vintage

I think my personal favourite was LaTouri Blackheart's Vintage inspired look, invoking Marilyn Monroe & Bettie Page and then there was the bondage style look by Chelse Shuffle which reminded me of something that Lady Gaga might wear. I think the main colours of the event were black and red and most wore bunny ears - except me - I wore my Kitty ears because I'm a sex kitten lol.
Lady Gaga

Though the one I thought that was the big show stopper of the night was my UCWS class mate in August Zariah. At first I thought she hadn't rezzed properly because her skirt was still on and then bang it comes off, next thing I know she's dancing with a pole. I thought "Wow! I would not of thought to of done this", I was certain she would win as she put on quite a show.






Wild Zariah
In fact, I was getting ready to congratulate her as they called out the third and second place winners, Asterianna and Latouri.

Winners
To my amazement though, it was my name the called out! I won first place! I can still hardly believe it lol. I would like to thank the judges, my trainers, my fiance, friends and of course Lovecat herself for designing such a great outfit. It was one of my favourites before and now it is even more so.

I still have my UCWS course to finish, but then i'm looking forward to future styling events, hopefully they won't be as nerve wracking as the first though lol.
Katrina my UCWS Classmate
Red Playboy Bunny

Chicago









SKIN-REDGRAVE TRINITY
EARS-LOVECATS SCRUFFY
LASHES-PURE POISON
HAIR-TRUTH VALERIE
OUTFIT- LOVECATS SECRET
BOOTS-LOVECATS SECRET
JEWELLERY-LOVECATS SECRET

Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to our Sexy Playmate Theme.

What a great Theme to be able to style, both sexy and fun.

This is an outfit with a secret, with sheer sections hinting at more, while silk holds back on what remains. A heart shaped locket on the choker holds the key for the right playmate.

The boots scream sexy, with black leather acentuated with silver buckles strapping me in for the ride.

Cute little kitty ears add a playfull aspect, listening out for fun. If you're nice to me perhaps I'll sit in your lap and purrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment